Thursday, March 5, 2009

Eleven Months!

Our sweet baby girl was eleven months yesterday! That means just one more month until she is blowing out the candles on her first birthday cake (okay, I am sure BIG SISTER will be helping her with that part!). It has been an eventful month for Serena as she is trying to perfect her toddling skills. Just recently in the last few days she has learned how to get to a standing position on her own. Before she was having to crawl over to something and pull herself up. This is quite a good skill to have mastered when you are falling on your bottom a lot! Now she just picks herself up and keeps walking to where ever she was going. It is still so much fun to see her taking those steps and amazing at the same time. A few months ago she couldn't do much more than lie on the floor and stare at her toys and now she is walking all over it and getting her toys herself.


She is becoming quite vocal lately with her sister. Just as I thought, now that Serena is older, Calli is having trouble with it. She actually really loves her baby sister and is always giving her hugs and kisses and telling her that. But she doesn't like to share her things and she will take toys away from her sister. Serena has started putting up a fight when Calli does this and will just yell at her. It is really funny because usually it causes Calli to give back whatever she took.

It is nearly time to give up the bottles and formula too, which will actually be really nice. I hope the transition will be easy like it was with Calli. Serena is down to just her morning and night bottles anyway and so I'm not too worried. She can fall asleep on her own, she doesn't need the bottle in her mouth. And when she wakes up in the morning I will just need to feed her breakfast ASAP instead of the bottle. I tried Calli will whole milk at about 11.5 months so I will probably do the same here. Speaking of eating, Serena pretty much eats everything in sight. She eats more than Calli does usually! It is crazy! I don't know where she puts it all and I'm thinking we'll go to the doctor in a month and she will weigh thirty pounds (okay maybe not that much!). I think her absolute favorite foods are oranges and peas, but she really loves almost anything you put in front of her.

I am just in awe that pretty soon we will have made it through her first year of life. It seemed to go by so quickly, much faster than Calli's first year did. She has been an easier baby though. She still sleeps so well, going to bed at 7:30pm each night and not waking until about 7:30-8 the next morning. She takes one nap a day, at 11am and that's all I have been able to get her to take the last few months. That is fine with me though, I'd rather have her taking one big nap than two short ones so I can get more done. I hope the next baby adapts to a schedule so well like Serena did!

Anyhow, Happy Eleven Months Serena!! We love you!

2 comments:

mumof2boys said...

Aww so close to a year, I can't believe it. I totally agree this year has gone by so quickly. Serena is such a clever girl, and it's extra handy having her totally mobile when bubs is due. Imagine if you had one like Mitchell and were having to carry that one and a newborn, see you were meant to have this age gap for a reason :)

Glad everything is going well, and can't wait to see the birthday photos.

Steph said...

Yeah it was really funny because from day one all Camille talked about was having a baby sister. And we would ask her what she was going to do if it was a boy, and she'd say "no...it's a sister". I think she's warming up to it already though and is talking about "baby Noah" quite frequently.

And yep, Daniel was my dad's name. :)