Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Conversations with Calli


As we were driving to her dance class this morning, Calli and I had some interesting conversation. Despite having the shade down on her carseat, Serena still had the sun shining on her. Calli, being the ever-so-caring big sister, pointed this out to me. "Mommy, Serena is hot. Turn the sun off." She has said this before, asked me to turn the sun off, and I always think it's so funny. She thinks there is some magical button I have in my car that controls the sun. She must be so disappointed when I tell her that I cannot turn off the sun. There goes the theory that Mommy is SUPERMOMMY.

A few minutes later, probably having been thinking of the earlier conversation about the sun, Calli makes another funny comment. Now, I have no idea just where she could have heard any of this. I mean, certainly the words never came out of my mouth! But she says to me "Mommy, can we go back to California. It doesn't rain in California in the summer". She had me cracking up, telling her that she was right and it didn't rain there in the summer and although I wished we could go back too, we have to stay here for now.

Calli is my parrot, my mini-me. Anything I say she is sure to repeat to me, either at that moment or some later date. I really have to watch what I say because I am scared she may come out with something at an inopportune time and embarrass me. The joys of a three-year-old!

4 comments:

The Hip Hippo said...

she sounds like such a nut nikki! oh these kids, they are growing up waaaay to fast!

dennisandsong said...

She is so cute! SO fun!

mumof2boys said...

I love hearing Calli stories. She's so adorable.

Steph said...

That is SO cute and funny! Camille is starting to repeat everything we say now too, which means we have to be a lot more careful in what comes out of our mouths!