Thursday, September 18, 2008

Toys and Clothes and Ladybugs, Oh My!

This week has been kind of uneventful, hence no postings from me the last few days.

We had a fun weekend. Our old neighbors and friends invited us to an event at their church on Saturday night. We had fun eating pizza and playing boardgames and just catching up with our friends.

On Sunday we took a special trip to Toys R Us. We decided since Calli had been using the toilet for a whole week with NO accidents she should have a special treat. So she got to pick out a toy: a baby doll and stroller. She loves pushing the stroller around and even got to push her sister who is (surprisingly enough) small enough to fit in there. Serena didn't want to be left out so she also got a new toy: a little piano toy she likes to bang on. She has really mastered her army crawl in the last few days and gets around pretty fast when she wants something. I think she looks like a little worm the way she scoots and inches around. She also likes to get up on her knees and even push up on her feet, but for now she seems satified with her method of crawling.

Calli saw the dentist yesterday for the second time. It was weird remembering that the first time she had gone, Serena was in my stomach. And now here we were at the office with Calli and a five month old baby. I get those feelings a lot. I think about how I just can't believe at this time last year we didn't have Serena. Anyway, Calli did very well at the dentist and her teeth sparkle. Her favorite part was the end when she got the little goody bag that contained a butterfly tattoo. She insisted on having it put on the second we got home.

Serena's ladybug costume came yesterday in the mail and it is the cutest thing. I couldn't resist trying it on her (to make sure it fit of course!) and taking a picture. I'm disappointed Calli can't wear hers yet because it won't fit over her cast, but when she gets it taken off I'm going to get their pictures taken. They just look too cute not to! Serena's costume fits perfectly so hopefully she doesn't grow too much in the next month.

Speaking of which, I have gone through Calli's old 6-9 month clothes and put them in Serena's drawers. Unfortunately I didn't plan this pregnancy very well, as the clothes don't match up with the season. Calli's 6-9 month clothes are mostly winter things. Plus she was a smaller baby so I can already tell that unless Serena stops growing she probably won't fit in much of her stuff. So we did a bit of shopping today at Babies R Us and got her a few onsies and pants to hold us over the next few months. I figure we've got another two months of warm/hot temperatures so I am not even going to break out the winter things yet. I also found the best toys for Serena. She is really into tags on her toys. Most of the time if there is a tag on her toy, she ignores the actual toy and starts eating the tags. Luckily there was a line of toys created just for babies like her called Taggies. I had looked at Target, but they didn't have any and luckily Babies R Us had a few things. So we got a couple new Taggie toys for her to chew all the tags on. She ate one the entire car ride home so I think they are a hit.

Well, that is pretty much it from our little corner of the world. Here are some pictures:

My new favorite picture of the girls
Calli pushing Serena in the doll stroller
Serena and her piano
My beautiful Calli girl
Miss Ladybug


2 comments:

Jenna said...

The ladybug costume is so cute, can't believe you are already organised for Halloween! Love the new layout too :)

Kristin said...

What a cute little lady bug! Mylie is being a lady bug too! Tanner is being a dinosuar (no surprise there!) I can't wait til he is ready to be potty trained! Good job!