Thursday, December 11, 2008

Eight Months!


Dear Serena,

With everything that has been going on the last two weeks I haven't been able to get around wishing you a happy eight month birthday! You turned eight months old last Thursday, the 4th. I can hardly believe that in just four short months we will be lighting one candle on your birthday cake. You have grown so much in the short time you have been on this earth.

In the last month you have become a much happier baby. Why? Because you finally cut those two bottom teeth! Everyone had been saying to me for months that you must be teething and sure, I suppose you were. But aren't all babies always teething? I am not sure when it started exactly, but we felt those first pearly whites pop through on Thanksgiving. What a difference! After that you stopped being such a crankpot all the time and started smiling and laughing more. You are a much happier baby and I can't blame you! I just wonder what we are in store for when the rest of your teeth come in. Calli never seemed to make a peep when she got her teeth, but you are the opposite of her in every way so far (which is fun!) so I'm sure you will be different.

We celebrated your first Thanksgiving two weeks ago. We had Grandma and Grandpa Ratcliff, Great-Grandma Bev and Auntie Allison all here with us to celebrate. You tried some turkey and thought it was okay. I am not sure what else you ate because frankly, after working so hard and cooking so much, I didn't pay much attention to what Grandma was giving you. But you certainly enjoyed yourself.

You have mastered the art of pulling up on everything, which is so much fun to watch. You can walk as long as you are gripping tightly onto something to keep your balance. In just a few short months you will be walking on your own! I look forward to it, but at the same time am kind of sad. It will be that last big milestone for you as a baby. After that I suppose technically you will be a toddler, since you will be toddling around. You'll always be my little baby though!

Your favorite thing to eat is, hands down, cheerios. You can sit and eat those for an hour, no joke! In fact, I have been having trouble getting you to eat much else! On Tuesday you were in your high chair eating those cheerios (and I was trying to get you to eat some pieces of bananas I snuck in there!) and were content for a long time. I turned my back for a minute to wash your bottles and when I looked again you had your eyes closed and head tilted to the side. It scared me for a minute, but when I ran over and called to you, you stirred and fell back asleep. You were so precious! I picked you up and carried you to your crib; I had no idea you had been so tired!

Well, we have had an up and down month with everything going on, but you are certainly always a bright spot in our day. I see your smile and can't help but smile myself because you are just too cute. And I love to tickle you just to hear that adorable giggle; it makes my day.

We found out you will be having a baby brother in May. I am sure you will be the best of friends as you grow up. And hopefully since he will be a boy you won't fight over toys so much (maybe? I hope??). But who am I kidding; with two big sisters I am sure this boy will love to play dress up and barbies.

Happy Eight Months baby girl! I love you!

Love, Momma

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my heck she is so cute! I can't believe she is already 8 months? No way!! She is so beautiful!

Jenna said...

I love that dress, so cute! Can't believe she is growing soo quickly.

I don't get the name thing either. A lot of the nurses in the hospital couldn't believe that Sophie was a surprise and that they hadn't picked out names for either sex before she was born. I didn't name my girl's until they were born and I thought I had a name that I loved for Kellie then completely changed my mind when I saw her... good thing I didn't have all this stuff personalised with the old name!