Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One of Those Days...

I am having a cranky day. In fact, I have had to apologize to Calli a few times for snapping at her when she didn't deserve it. At least she is old enough to understand when I tell her "Mommy is just feeling really grumpy today". Kids at this age are so sweet because you can scold them one moment and they will be your best friend the next. It's like they forget in that short moment that you have been acting not so nice.

Anyhow, my day didn't start off well. When I was in the shower at 6:30am I managed to somehow pull a muscle in my neck. Everyone knows how uncomfortable and painful that is throughout the day. Hopefully it will feel better tomorrow. However, it did not bode well for the rest of the day. Serena was super cranky throughout the stores we went to today and not even her pacifier made her happy. At Target we got icees and popcorn and brought them in the car. Calli managed to spill half the popcorn all over the back seat. Finally we came home and I sat down in the living room with the kids. Calli brought her RED icee in the living room, which when I glanced at it, thought it would be a bad idea, but I stupidly let it slide. Not a minute later she spilled a few drops on the floor.

So that is where we stand now. I feel like I have a million chores to do including laundry, vacuuming, sweeping. But I am so tired and have this pounding headache, I don't feel like doing anything.

Serena was sick for the first time over the weekend. I was lucky with Calli; she didn't even get so much as a cold until after her first birthday (I can't help but think maybe it was because I breastfed her almost six months and couldn't even make it to six weeks with Serena). Anyhow, she woke up Friday morning not feeling too well, but took a good nap that morning. That night, however, she slept until about 3am before waking up coughing and feeling sick. I managed to rub her back and she slept another hour. Then I was up again rocking her to sleep in my arms. I have to admit, that was not so bad. She does not like to be rocked to sleep anymore so anytime I get to rock with her is sweet. Plus at that point I just wanted to do whatever I could to make her feel better. I placed her in her crib but she woke herself up coughing a short while later. Richard and I were both up around 6am. He got up with Serena and I had to take a shower and get Calli to her EIGHT AM soccer game. Serena did not really want to nap that day and I was worried how the night would be again. At least it was a weekend though and I had Richard to help me. I was exhausted. Being pregnant and not getting much sleep doesn't mix too well. Serena slept much better that night though, but I could not still. I was just worried about her. I got a nap the next day and she was feeling MUCH better. Now she is pretty much over everything and is her usual, happy self.

She has been pulling up on everything as of about two weeks ago. Her favorite toy now is Calli's old Laugh and Learn Table. She loves it! She can pull herself up and stand to play with it. She has also been babbling a lot and her favorite word is "DADA". If you say "mama" to her she will respond with "dada". She is funny. Calli's first babbles (I don't consider them words as babies don't even know that they are saying anything at this age, it's just noise) were MAMA and she has turned out to be more of a Mommy's girl I think. So I wonder if Serena will be the Daddy's girl. Who knows.

I got the girls their Christmas dresses yesterday. They are seriously too cute for words. They are matching, but different colors; Calli's is red and Serena's is green. They have that white fur-type trimming around the bottom of the dress and sleeves. I love them! I can't wait to get our family Christmas photo taken at the end of the month.

In other news, my sister is coming out to visit us for Thanksgiving. That was originally the plan a few months ago; she had booked her ticket and everything. Then she couldn't come and I was sad because I haven't seen her in a year and she hasn't even met Serena! So Richard and I bought her a ticket to come out and she is able to take the time off work to be with us. She gets in next Wednesday and is staying through the day after Thanksgiving. We are so happy to have her here.

Well, that will be it for this blog. More later! No pictures yet. Our camera is apparently fixed already and in the mail - hopefully it will be here today!

3 comments:

Steph said...

Sorry you were having a rough day! I know days like that can be really testing. That's great that your sister will be able to come visit you for Thanksgiving though!

Tiffany :) said...

I'm sad to hear you had such a hard day! That does suck...but everyone has to have one now and again! -- It's so awesome that you get to have your sister hear for T-Day though! Yay!

Serena sounds like she's doing awesome! I find it adorable that her and Caleb are doing everything around the same time and I talk to other moms and they're not at all at the same pace!

Blogs: http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/ has great premade blogs with the instructions and then a tutorial on how to make them! They're made with digital scrapbooking supplies if you make your own. :)

dennisandsong said...

Hey,
I feel your prenancy/infant pain. I didn't think I would make it through my last pregnancy oi!!! You will though, just rest as much as you can (I know it is hard to do) if you need to let the floor be a little dirty or it takes an extra day to do laundry don't worry. In the big scheme of things these little things don't matter much in the long run. Let the kids watch an extra movie and just lay on the couch (trust me with the next one arriving you soon won't be able to!!)
I SOOSOOOO wish we could get together and let our kids play!! Cadence and Serena seem to be progressing similarly (Catie is even just getting over being sick!) They would all be so cute together!!! MISS YOU TONS!!
Song