Monday, November 3, 2008

Seven Months!

Dear Serena Camille,

Today you are SEVEN whole months old! How did you get to be over half a year old so fast? You have grown so much and changed a lot, even just in the last month! You started crawling two months ago (army style!) but have since began to do the regular ol' baby crawl a bit more. But still, when you want to get somewhere fast, you go back to the elbow over elbow crawl and just scoot faster than Mommy can keep up ;).

A few days ago you started to pull up to stand too! You first used people, always crawling over to Mommy or Daddy and pulling yourself up on us. The very FIRST place I saw you standing was in your crib though. You were very tired and for some reason not wanting to take a nap. I let you be for a few minutes and you were MAD to say the least. When I went back in there to comfort you, you were standing holding onto the crib railing with fat tears running down your chubby little cheeks and a "Mommy, why?" expression on your face. I had been frustrated when I walked in the room, but seeing you like that melted my cold, cold heart of stone and I scooped you in my arms for a hug. I also realized it was probably time to lower your crib mattress! Since then you have started pulling up on the couch too and taking a few tentative steps holding on to it if you see something you have to have. Just think, in a few short months you will take your first steps. Will you be an early walker like your sister? Time will tell.

Over the weekend you developed quite the adorable little personality! You started babbling "dada", "baba" and "gaga" sounds while smiling and laughing more. You think you are the cutest thing! (you are). Momma has been encouraging the "mama" sound and Calli has encouraged "calli" but so far you aren't biting.

This month you were on a veggie strike for a little while so you didn't eat as much solids as usual. I think you have straightened out a bit though. You are still not a fan of the Gerber puffs, so we tried Cheerios; you did not care for those much more. You tried yogurt for the first time a week ago and love it. You also really love water now. You are decent at using the sippy cup, but like it when Mommy puts some in a straw and puts that in your mouth. Your first Thanksgiving is coming up soon and I was hoping you would be able to eat some of the food since you are going to be nearly eight months, but I am not so sure now. I suppose I am too anxious to get you on table foods and should just back off a bit. But it's been two years since I've been through this so cut me some slack okay?

You celebrated your first Halloween on October 31st, 2008 and were a ladybug, along with your big sister. We took you out trick-or-treating with Calli, sitting in your stroller being cute while she ran up to the houses. You were content the whole time, just swinging your little legs back and forth and enjoying the walk. Next year you will be trick-or-treating right alongside Calli!

Well, it has been a pretty fun month with you. We went through some not-so-great weeks where you were extra cranky and I was sure you were teething. But alas, no tooth has popped through and you have returned to your happy ways. Who knows when those pearly whites will make an entrance??

Love you!

Mommy

3 comments:

Jenna said...

That was so precious! Happy 7 Months, Serena!

mumof2boys said...

It is amazing how fast these little ones grow up. I always get upset when I see Serena is a month older, because that means in just over a week, my little boys will be aswell.

She is doing fantastic Nikki, you should be so proud.

Kristin said...

she is so cute! Happy 7 months!!