Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Oops! New Blog!

I have been neglecting this blog! So here is my update.

Calli is on the downhill slide to four years old. How did that happen? I would say her favorite thing to do right now is art. So that is why I signed her up for an art class. It is every Monday from 12:30-2 and I can just drop her off and come get her when the class is over. The last two weeks I have spent running errands during that time. It is SO much easier to do the grocery shopping with just one child in tow. And Calli loves her time in the class. Every week they do a new project. Yesterday they traced what were supposed to be slices of bread onto their paper and drew on all different toppings for them. I am sure when her class ends in a few months we will have accumulated all kinds of art projects and I don't know what we will do with them all! I hate throwing away anything that my kids do. I save way too many of Calli's drawings she makes at home, but I can't bear to part with them.

I recently had a funny moment with Calli, a definite "MOM Moment", when she asked me "Mommy, how did the baby get in your tummy?" I didn't quite know how to respond and am sure my answer wasn't sufficient, but she did stop asking. I don't know what I will say the next time she asks. She is only three, she is not supposed to be saying these things already!! When I was pregnant with Serena she was very interested in how the baby was going to come OUT. Now she wants to know how it got IN. Kids!

Serena is growing every day and learning new things. She is taking steps all the time now and getting braver and braver. She is becoming unafraid to let go and walk on her own. She'll walk from couch to couch, toy to toy, person to person. Her record is about seven or eight steps now. It is so amazing to watch. I really really love this milestone. It is just so adorable to see her let go of the safety net she is holding onto and venture out on her own. She takes a few shakey steps, stops to balance herself and takes a few more before either reaching her destination or falling on her bottom. Just a few weeks and she will be running alongside Calli!

One of the really cute things she has been doing lately is opening her mouth really wide when she is happy. It's so cute! It's like her face is too small to contain all the happiness and joy inside, but she is trying to express it anyhow. She has given up her old wave (to herself) already and started the big sweeping side to side wave. She dances to music, responds to her name (sometimes) and loves on the kitties, her favorite animal. This is my favorite baby age, the time they just start walking and their little personalities really start to shine through.

Our baby boy (who is yet to be named) is doing great as well. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday and his heartbeat is strong. My due date was also changed from May 12th to May 25th. I am so relieved about this because I have known from the beginning that my due date was off and now I feel vindicated.

I have been doing okay myself. I have been having sinus problems for the last month and haven't been sleeping well. Last night I finally took some benadryl and was able to sleep much better. I just hate taking medicine while I'm pregnant, no matter if the doctor tells me it's "safe". If you will notice, nothing is really 100% safe that they know of because it's all under Catergory B, not Catergory A. I just really hate that I've had to take so much. But I am miserable! I hope I don't have to suffer this the rest of the pregnancy.

Well here are some much needed pics!
The kids and me on my birthday
Calli in her pretty, new dress
This is Serena walking. It is very hard to capture a photo of a person walking!!

My two princesses! We were getting ready to go out to a Princess Breakfast at Chick-Fil-A
This is Serena's super happy face
My ballerinas
She decided to pop a squat on the diaper box
Playing outside

My beautiful model in my shoes
Five months pregnant. Calli wanted to show off her belly too :)
This picture is so sweet!
And one more of course because I didn't want Serena to be left out. I love her facial expression!

4 comments:

mumof2boys said...

Love love love the new update, and especially the new photos. The girls are so cute, I think Calli's new dress is adorable.

I don't realise how slow Mitchell is untill I see photos of what Serena is upto, she really will be running before you know it :)

I voted on your poll...but voted all three because I love them all. Sorry, I'm no help.

Steph said...

You look so great Nicole! Pregnancy really suits you well. :)

dennisandsong said...

soo cute! Cadey walks on her knees but no feet yet! Serena seems to be a real go getter!! I need the link again to your new blog, will you send it to me again!

Heather Guymon said...

Hey! Hannah has that same black printed dress from Target too! She loves that dress haha.

Serena's face in that last pic is just so funny...she's like oh crap!!!