Thursday, January 15, 2009

Milestones

For the most part I enjoy this baby age. I don't enjoy the constant teething. I am one that blames everything on teething. I hate it. I hate when people do that. Oh, the baby is cranky, must be teething. Drooling everywhere, yup teething for sure! Hands in the mouth, trying to relieve the teething pain. I don't know about other babies, but mine both did that all the time. Serena does seem a bit extra cranky when one tooth is going to poke through soon. She got a tooth on the top recently and I am waiting for it's partner to come in, so I have no doubt she is truely teething right now.

Anyhow, aside from that annoyance, this age is pretty darn fun. Even though Calli and Serena are only 2.5 years apart, it's easy to forget everything in that amount of time. (I don't think I'm going to have that problem between the next two kids). I love seeing all the new things that Serena learns every day. Yesterday she drank out of a straw for the first time, which was pretty neat. I really like that since it makes it so much easier when we are out. If we forget a sippy cup, it's not a huge deal. She loves climbing up the stairs. We can't leave the gate down or she is on the bottom step in no time. She makes sure to look over at one of us and make sure she has our attention before she squeals in delight and starts booking it up the stairs. She can climb all the way to the top without breaking a sweat. She loves to wave now, always to herself. It's adorable watching her little fingers move back and forth as she waves toward her face. She loves kitty cats. We have two and each grandma and grandpa had two cats in California so she has had a lot of exposure. When she sees a cat or a picture of one, her face lights up with joy. Her hair is growing longer and is fun to put in a ponytail sticking on the top of her head (Cindy Lou Who!). She has attempted a few steps on her own, but nothing too serious yet.

These are just a few of my favorite things that have happened over the last few days, weeks and months. The really great milestones coming up are walking and talking. I can't wait for those to happen. My kids amaze me every day with the things they know and can do.

I will have to do a post later of the great things that have been coming out of Calli's mouth lately. She is just as amazing and wonderful.

4 comments:

Tiffany :) said...

Hah! I'm the same way - everytime he grabs his mouth or starts to fuss I'm like "Oh, he's teething". But I really think he is most of the time, only because he is so not a fussy baby! Anyways...about the percentiles...it's different for boys and girls. Boys have always "typically" been bigger so they're expected to weigh more. Weird, I know but that's why they have different charts for them. :)

And waiting at Doctor's offices sucks! If they're anything like our practice though it takes forever even if you're the first appointment of the day. Typically because if they're a higher level provider (DO+) then they roll in late (8:00 am appointment and come in around 8:20 am) and then they review your most recent medical information before entering the room. So it always takes a while. :) Just an insider tip!

mumof2boys said...

It is a wonderful age isn't it. I love sharing it with you, and remembering how not so long ago the things Serena is going through were the things Calli was going through. I also remember looking at Calli and the things she was doing and getting excited about whats to come, and now Lachie is doing those things :)

You have two gorgeous girls and I can't wait to meet a little boy version :)

Heather Guymon said...

I am pretty much stuck because of the nature of my insurance policy. There is only one woman doctor in the office I HAVE to use so she is booked all the time. I pretty much just had to use who ever was available which was this guy...he's nice and all but I don't like the doctor/patient relationship we have.

mumof2boys said...

Where's the update...its been three weeks. You're worse then me. Photo time.