Friday, July 11, 2008

Too Busy!

I have started to notice this has become the every excuse lately. I have two kids now, one of them a very active three year old and the other a newborn, just three months old. So I get it. People can be busy! But I get tired of hearing this excuse over and over again. Do you know it takes maybe ten minutes to type out an email saying hello to someone? That small time taken out of your day may just make someone else's.

I say these things because I get tired of writing emails, keeping in touch with people who seem to have no interest in returning it. Yes, we all get busy. But I know very few, if any, people who get so consumed with their lives they cannot keep up with anyone else. The simple fact is that if you care about someone and you want to talk to them, you will find time. I get tired of sending out emails that never come back. In this day of technology we are so fortunate to be able to have something like email to keep in touch with people. It can't possible get any easier. And yet, everyone seems "too busy".

If you haven't spoken to your best friend in three months, then you are probably not as close as you think.

I just get tired of it all. Tired of having one sided relationships, tired of putting forth the effort when others don't. The problem is that I seem to care even when someone else doesn't. I get emotionally attached to people and I CARE. This must make me a terrible person.

If you have time to actually tell me you are too busy, then in that same breath or space on your email you could have also told me a snippet of what is going on in your life. Don't make excuses. Just admit you simply don't care enough to keep in touch.

Everyone that I care about in my life knows I care about them. And the really important ones hear from me on a weekly, if not daily basis. We are all busy. It's just about who we care enough about to make time for.

1 comments:

dennisandsong said...

I agree, it is easy to keep in touch if you want to. Life is busy and I know that sometimes it takes me time to respond, but I generally unless I am in crisis and even then I respond when I am out of crisis! I know that some people also just don't email and would rather have a phone call. Even though I am more of an emailer, I try to make the occasional phone call. Some people like you said just don't care enough. For example I sent emails and christmas cards to a couple of friends that I never got a response from. I give about 2 years and if nothing then I just forget about it and move on. Sometimes you just have to let people go. They may be a great person, but like you said if they can't drop a quick email then maybe they aren't the kind of friend that you want. I thought I had to be anyboby's friend but after a few experiences I found that you get to choose your friends. If people don't fit into your same morals, principles and ideas of how life works then sometimes it is ok to just say, "well maybe I won't choose them as a friend."
Anyway. . .There is my long response. I hope you know that I care and that I show that and tell that to you enough!! At least you have me and I am sure others that do care! My advice focus on that and let the others go. It may be hard, but you will probably feel better!
Love ya,
Song