Thursday, October 16, 2008

More Conversations with Calli

Calli: Mommy you can't take a shower with the baby in your tummy!

Me: Why not?

Calli: Because you're going to get the baby and my present all wet!

(I should explain that when Serena was born and Calli came to the hospital we had a few presents waiting for her that we told her were from her new little sister. So now she keeps asking me if this baby is going to bring her a present too. It's kind of cute how she thinks the present is actually in my stomach, growing right along with the new baby).

*Mommy is driving in the Target parking lot and stopping to let a pedestrian cross*

Calli: It's our turn, dude!

(Oops, I guess I should watch what I say in front of her a bit more! But in my defense, I never have said that to a pedestrian crossing the street. I always stop and let people cross in the parking lot because drivers here are terrible about it. You will stand waiting on the sidewalk all day if you don't just go and sometimes even then they will still run you right over and that is only a slight exaggeration. One time I was crossing the street in a parking lot with a one-year-old Calli in my arms and when I was halfway across, instead of stopping to let me finish, a driver figured she could squeeze by me in time. I ended up having to stop and wait for her in the middle of the street and told her "thanks!" through her open window. She just stared at me like I was the one in the wrong. People.)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

How cute, I love the things kids come out with.. at least it was dude and not another word!

Tiffany :) said...

She says the funniest things! I tell peple the vitamin story you once posted and still think it's hilarious! (yes, i am weird!)