Monday, October 27, 2008

Officially Pregnant!


Meet the newest member of the family! Ratcliff Baby #3 is due May 12th, 2009 (which I just found out is very special. My mom informed it is my grandmother's birthday. She just passed away last month so how wonderful is this due date?!). I am already twelve weeks along, which came as a huge, but welcome shock to me. I am nearly done with the first trimester, yet feel as if I have only just began. I have been feeling better, morning sickness wise and am looking forward to the months to come. I am nearly in maternity clothes now, it seems to happen earlier and earlier with each pregnancy. Also, when you get pregnant so soon after the birth of the last baby, it's really a debate whether the pouchy stomach is due to pregnancy or that stubborn baby weight. At least being pregnant I can pass it off as the baby ;).


So my two littlest ones will be just thirteen months apart. Of course this will be a challenge at first, but I also am glad they get to grow up just a year apart and hopefully being the best of friends. I know a close age gap doesn't necessarily mean your kids will be close, but I think it definitely gives them an advantage. Even Calli, who will still be three, won't be too far ahead of the new baby. So I am happy they will all be pretty close in age. At one point all three of them will go to elementary school together!
We love you already little blob baby!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations! I bet they will be best of friends :D

mumof2boys said...

I was so excited when I got your email saying you are 12 weeks already. Wonderful that bubby is due on your grandmothers birthday, how special.

Steph said...

Congrats on being so far along already and for feeling better! I'm sure in a few weeks you'll get all your energy back and have that second trimester spunk.

Jenna said...

Congrats!! That's awesome that you're so far along already.. not so much of that annoying waiting!