Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Busy busy!

Richard tells me I am neglecting my blog so I better update!

Calli had a busy weekend between her soccer tots class and a birthday party on Saturday. The soccer tots was a huge disappointment to me. On their website they say that they only use the soccer ball as a prop and that it's not a focus of the class. I suppose I just chose to ignore this, thinking they must play at least a little soccer. Well, they used the ball for all of about five minutes before moving on to other, um, interesting activities. About halfway through Calli turned to me and said "Mommy I want to play soccer". It was too cute. I guess she was kind of disappointed as well. I am sorry baby! So I don't think we'll be signing up for the rest of the class and wasting $100. I am just going to have to wait until the soccer at the YMCA starts in the fall and sign her up. She will love that for sure. She has a bit of a late birthday and is too young for the summer session. Besides that, we've already missed the sign ups.

After the soccer tots we went home and ate lunch and got ready for a birthday party. All the guests were supposed to come dressed as their favorite princess and Calli went as Sleeping Beauty. With her long, blond-ish hair she even looks a bit like her! She had a lot of fun at her party, jumping in the bounce house, playing princess games and eating cake and ice cream. I need to get things together for her own birthday party at the end of the month. Although we have decided on the theme, I haven't quite decided what we should do. It is hotter than hell in the summer (the heat index has already been over 100 since mid-May) and so a June birthday is not exactly optimal. Our house is a little small to entertain a bunch of three-year-olds and their parents. And the backyard is going to be too hot to play in. My mother tells me this is why she always had family birthday parties when we were younger so she didn't have to worry about planning too much. But even if we DID live near family it's not as if Calli has a bunch of cousins to attend like I had growing up. Not to mention all the aunts, uncles and grandparents who were close by. Nowadays why does it seem like everyone moves so far away from their families? I prefer life to be how it was when I was growing up. I didn't have to get on an airplane to visit grandma once a year and we got together with the extended family all the time. I hope it can be like that someday for my kids, but I'm just not sure.

ANYWAY, we have a busy month coming up. Just glancing at my calendar now I see Father's Day, Richard and my fifth wedding anniversary, both grandmas' birthdays and MOST important of all, Calli's third birthday! I also see a few doctor's appointments, a dance recital and a visit from at least one of my sisters. It will be a BUSY month that is for sure. But I like busy, busy is good. It may make the summer pass by faster. You know how they say a lot of people out there get the winter blues? Well I think I get the summer blues. I can't stand the super hot weather and I don't think there's anything fun about being stuck inside all day around the A/C or walking out the door to start sweating. You can't go to the park, you can't have a birthday party outdoors, about the only thing you want to do out of the house is jump in a very cold pool. I am just not one for summer. I told Richard yesterday, just six more months until winter! Yes, I am counting down! I am crossing my fingers this will be the last south Texas summer I will go through.

Well, here are some pictures from the last few days:

She always puts on her sunglasses upside down for some reason

My little tree hugger, outside of Chili's

She also likes to hug poles I guess


Daddy and his daughters

How sweet is this!

Apparently she has a thing for big sunglasses, just like Mommy!

Mommy and Calli

Mommy and Serena

She's so cute!

My kids!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm right there with ya on the heat. It gets easily over 100 for most of the summer here, and by summer I mean halfway through November. It definitely gets old!

dennisandsong said...

I love all the cute pictures!! You have such a cute little family!! I noticed you said you hope it's your last summer there, are you planning a move? I didn't know that if you are?
THanks for updating, I like to see what is happening!