Friday, June 20, 2008

Five years!

You know what I hate? Waking up to rain in June. Waking up to rain on the first official day of summer. I will be the first person to tell you that I am not a summer person. Something about sweating and not being able to take my kids to the park because it's too hot. I just don't like it. But rain in the summer? I think I hate that even more. I am not used to these summer rains. Where I come from and what I consider normal, the chances of rain in June are slim to none. Very slim to none. But the weather can change on a dime here because yesterday it was 102 degrees out (which means the humidty made it feel like about 120). The weather forecasters keep saying that these high temperatures in June are "abnormally hot". Well, two out of the three summers I have spent here it has been like this. When do new "normals" happen? How many summers does it take of hot temperatures before they finally say that this is the new "normal"?

So today Richard and I celebrate five years of marriage. In that five years of marriage, it seems we have done so much already. We have lived in Guam and now Texas, had two kids and made lots of memories. In some ways it feels like these years have gone by in the blink of an eye. But other times, that day at the JOP in Alabama feels like centuries ago. Here's to many, many more years together!

We look so young back then (and I look so skinny!)
Eating lunch before the ceremony

In the courthouse before the ceremony

Outside


Getting married
Mom, we're married!

Here is us on our first anniversary

And here is the most recent picture I can find of us. It was taken on Thanksgiving last year and I was five months pregnant. Needless to say, I need to get a more recent one!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

Tiffany :) said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!