Wednesday, June 11, 2008

It's been awhile

So I thought I would update finally! Although my internet is acting up this morning so I hope that I can get this to post.

Everything here is good for the most part. We are very busy this month, June is just that time of year I guess. I don't dread the month, but I hate feeling overwhelmed by it. I want to be able to enjoy it because it is the month of Calli's birthday, the anniversary of me becoming a mother and it's a very important time to me. I just wish there wasn't quite so much action.

This year is even more busy than usual this month. My sister, Brittany, is coming to visit for a week and gets here on Saturday. I am picking her up from the airport at the fantastic time of 10pm at night. The next day is Father's Day, Richard's first with two kids. My mom's birthday is on the 18th (though I won't disclose her age). Richard and I celebrate our fifth year of marriage on the 20th. Calli's dance recital is the following night. Then on the 28th is when Calli will have her birthday party (as well as it being Richard's mom's birthday) and the following day, the 29th, is when my baby turns three years old. THREE YEARS OLD! I find myself saying this many times a day for many different reasons, but WHERE DOES THE TIME GO?! It seems to pass by too quickly.

Calli's last dance class is next Tuesday. They will be having a small party at the end of it with treats and such. I can't believe she has been in this class for almost a year. When she first started out she didn't know much and was very hesitant to join. In fact, she clung to me when I took her there and wouldn't let me leave the room. Of the four girls in the class that day, mine was the only one with the cold feet. All the other moms left the room and took their positions at the window to watch the dancers and snap pictures and videos. Calli, however, did not want me to leave her side. She would not join the other girls and just sat on my lap. My mind was quickly starting to fill with regret about signing her up and paying the nonrefundable fees for the class. Ten minutes into the class, the teacher told the girls they were going to pretend to be princesses. She turned and asked Calli if she wanted to be a princess too. Well that was all the encouragement my little one needed. Having discovered Disney princesses a few months before and beginning her obsession with anything princess, she needed little coaxing to be a princess herself. Calli left my side and never looked back. I was able to sneak out and be with the other mothers and just observe her doing her own thing for the first time. It was her first adventure without me by her side and I was so proud of her. I have not had a problem getting her to that class since. She loves it. Which is why I will probably sign her up again in the fall. So the dance recital next Saturday will officially end their dance season. I am excited and anxious to see Calli up on that stage. They just got their costumes in class yesterday and they are adorable little lions doing a dance to the "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight" song (I don't actually know the title). I am so proud of all she has learned and accomplished in her class and all the new friends she has made.

I am in the process of putting together Calli's birthday party as well. I just rented a bounce house for the backyard and some tables and chairs as well. I am crossing my fingers and saying lots of prayers that it doesn't rain and that it might, just MIGHT, not hit 100 degrees that day. June is not the greatest time for a birthday here, but what can ya do. I ordered a bunch of ladybug party supplies online and did a trial run of her cake last weekend. It turned out better than I expected and I was proud of myself. I was glad, however, that I decided to try it out beforehand because I found some things I will need to tweak. I didn't buy enough black icing and forgot to leave some icing white for the eyes. But it turned out very well. Cake decorating runs in my family ;).

So that is about it from us. Serena is now two months old and smiling a whole bunch. She is sleeping well most nights, but I keep having to remind myself that a bad night with her is anyone else's dream night with a two month old. Sometimes she sleeps just seven hours instead of going all the way to nine or ten. But I can't complain much. I just wish I was sleeping better now! She goes to the doctor tomorrow and I can't wait to see how much she weighs and how long she is. I can wait for the shots she'll get though. That is always hard.

Here are some pictures from the last week or so...

My internet is being a butt so pictures will have to come later!

0 comments: