Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kids

Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.--Proverbs 22:6

This is, perhaps, the hardest job in the world. How do you know if you are doing right by your children? How will you know if you are raising them right? I am constantly wondering if I am doing a good job as a mother. I wonder if I make the right decisions and if a simple choice can affect their lives profoundly. Should I have made her eat her fruits with lunch? Should I really have given her a time out? Does she need to get outside more? What if she grows up to hate me because I was too busy to read that book today? The questions are never ending and I guess all I can do is hope and try to be the best mom I can. We never really know if we are doing a good job until the kids fly away from the nest as happy, well adjusted individuals. I suppose only then I will breathe a sigh of relief and happiness and pat myself on the back.

1 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

I wonder the SAME exact things. I swear I second guess myself about a million times a day. It's so hard being a parent!