Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Today is gone. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.

That is some Dr. Suess for you. I had it running through my head after the busy morning we had. I was checking my email around 9:15am and decided to check if the local bounce house was open. It said the hours for preschool play were from 10-11:30am on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Well I figured if I didn't take Calli today then I'd have to wait until next week and I really wanted to do something fun for her. So I got ready in record time, thank goodness Serena was napping, and we were out of the house by 9:45am. We had never been to this particular place before and it was fun, though not as awesome as the other bounce place across town called Inflatable Wonderland. THAT place is awesome. It has about five or six bounce houses, two huge slides, an indoor movie theater and a concession stand with pizza, hot dogs, etc. But this place is much closer and so I decided to check it out. The way it is set up, you play in one room for about 45 minutes and then they switch you to the next room. Each room has one big slide and two bounce houses. Calli had a blast of course. She was the only little girl there, all the rest were boys! There was about seven or eight kids total. Serena ate and dozed off the whole time, she loved the white noise the inflatables made.

After playing there we decided to go get some lunch. I didn't want to eat out, but I had to go grocery shopping as well and the last thing I wanted to do was drag everyone home and then go back out to the same area I was already in. The problem was though that we had McDonalds for dinner last night and I didn't want to eat fast food again. So I decided on Chipotle, which I am not a huge fan of, but it sounded healthier than the alternatives. It actually wasn't too bad this time, Calli and I shared a few tacos. Then we hit the grocery store where the kids were very well behaved while I shopped. And then it was back home to put the groceries away, feed the baby, put her down for a nap and deal with Calli. She is currently in her room crying that she doesn't want to take a nap, which means that she REALLY needs one. She drives me crazy because she refuses to nap during the day and she desperately needs to nap. By the time the evening rolls around she is cranky as heck and driving us up the wall. She just goes and goes with all her energy from the time she wakes up (7am) till she goes to bed (lately about 7:30pm). I don't really know what the big deal is with the nap thing, what adult out there wouldn't LOVE to take a good nap at some point during the day!? I know I would! My own mom made us kids take naps until we were in kindergarten. I hated that! I came home from my half day of school and had to take a nap. I figured I would make my own kids do the same thing someday, but 1) they have made kindergarten a full day for reasons beyond my comprehension and 2) Calli doesn't nap.

1 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

I absolutely HATE that kindergarten is a full day! I will go insane not having Hannah around all day. I hope we can have another one by that time so I am not completely left at home with NOTHING to do. If we don't have another kid by then though I will more than likely take a couple courses at college...I need to get off my butt and do something already. It's been 7 years!