Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My first post!

Well I thought I would start a blog here keeping everyone updated about our family life and how things are going. Check back often for updates and pictures!
At the moment life is good. Richard and I were blessed with a second daughter on April 4th, 2008 at 1:02am. Serena Camille weighed eight pounds, seven ounces and was 20.5 inches long. This was quite the difference from her big sister Calli who weighed a mere six pounds, eight ounces and was 17.5 inches long. Serena is a BIG baby. Of course she seems small because she's a newborn still, but I can tell how much bigger she is than Calli was at her age. For one thing, she fits into all the 0-3 month clothes and even some 3-6 month onsies. At this age Calli was still swimming in newborn sizes! Calli is certainly loving being a big sister for the most part. She is very helpful to me (usually) and loves to play with Serena and give her hugs and kisses. She is constantly squealing "she's so cute!"

Life with two kids is an adjustment and it's not always easy. It sure makes you realize how great it was just having one kid. Bedtime at 8pm, sleeping through the night, etc. But life is even better now with two wonderful kids and the baby days pass by so quickly. I was looking at Calli yesterday and thinking in amazement how big she is and how she grew up so quickly. I can barely remember much about her baby days, it's mostly a blur of feedings, diaper changes and crying. Serena is a much happier baby than Calli was and doesn't cry much unless she's hungry or tired. She is content to play in her gym if she's fed and changed and doesn't need to be held all the time. Of course I love holding her too, but with all the bottles to wash, toys to pick up and dishes to do, that's not always possible.

Speaking of Calli growing up, she will be THREE in June, which I can hardly believe. It seems like we were just celebrating birthday number two last summer with my family here to help. This year it will just be us, but Calli has some friends in her dance class and the neighborhood so we are probably going to have a party for her this year. We just have to figure out what to do for it! Calli insists she wants a princess party despite that I keep reminding her she had one last year. That is no matter to her, she is very adament about the princesses. I guess I should have saved all the decorations!

2 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

Hey girl! Yay I have you linked now too. Can you believe our girls will be 3 in just a short amount of time?? We are having a swim party for Hannah on the 24th and you guys are always invited of course. I know how hard it is to get out with a new baby though so no worries. Shane made a website about it though so you can go check it out or whatever

http://shaneguymon.com/Hannah/

Serena is just a beautiful little girl, but that's no surprise because Calli is! I need to come down there and see you and the girls. Hannah misses her friend =)

dennisandsong said...

I'm so glad you started blogging. I think it is a great way to let people know what is going on and stuff. Serena is so cute, thanks for the pics. and announcement!!! 2 Girls!! How fun.
As for the repeat of Calli's princess party. . .We have had 3 Spiderman parties for will out of 5 so this year I would save the decorations just in case for next year!!
We miss you tons!!
Song