Thursday, May 29, 2008

YMCA

Last night I went to the gym for the first time in a REALLY long time. I'm talking eons. The last time I worked out was when Calli was around sixteen months or so. After that, between being busy with moving and then getting pregnant (heck no I don't work out while pregnant, are you crazy?!?!) I just never went. Well, Richard has been itching to go to the gym and so we decided to check out the YMCA over the weekend. They gave us a free trial pass to use and we went last night around 6:30. I was impressed with their childcare, but should have known it would be good since it IS the YMCA. There are two sections, one for babies and one for older kids. Both kids did great and Calli especially loved playing with the other kids. Serena mostly hung out in the swing and took a cat nap. Meanwhile I did lots of calorie burning on the elliptical machine and treadmill. It was nice to feel like I am doing something for myself and something to get back in shape. I will be in my size fours again in no time right!?! So at the end of the evening we decided to get a membership to the Y and we're excited to use all the facility has to offer. They are building a pool right now with a cool splash park/water slide that should be done in August. They will also offer free swimming lessons, which will be a lot of fun for Calli!

Speaking of Calli, she will be having a busy Saturday. She has her soccer tots class in the morning and then a birthday party to attend in the afternoon. Looking at my calendar now, I can't believe that Sunday is June 1st! We are almost halfway through 2008 already, where does the time go? It seems like so much has happened for us, what with going from a family of three to a family of four just two short months ago! Coming up will be Serena's first holiday: Fourth of July! This was also Calli's first holiday nearly three years ago, but she was just five days old and Serena will be three months exactly on the day. I am really looking forward to doing all the first holidays again -- first Halloween, first Thanksgiving, first Christmas and before I know it, first birthday. Serena is unique because she will also be celebrating her first Easter AFTER she turns one. Easter fell early this year and later next year so she gets caught in the middle. Her second birthday will actually be celebrated ON Easter so that will be fun. Hopefully by that point we will be living back in California and can have a fun celebration for her.

Serena slept well for me again last night, from 9-6:15. That was nice because I was oh-so-tired from the gym and needed my sleep. Her and Calli decided to switch this morning because it is usually Calli who is up early and Serena who is up later. But Calli slept until after 7am. She may have been tuckered out from all the playing before bed last night though.

I haven't taken any pictures lately and I really need to do that! I will have some coming soon, I promise.

0 comments: